But no school in the St. Louis area is building rooms designed to withstand winds of 250 mph.
He wants to buy a former church site, but the St. Louis Archdiocese backs away from a deal for now. Neighbors also object.
Cards 10, Padres 2 • Wainwright and Matheny win for first time at Petco Park; Descalso hits first slam.
Last home of ‘The Man’ on 3-acre lot in Ladue hits the real estate market.
Company discloses estimate as part of effort to move lawsuit to federal court.
Years of audits failed to turn up the complex theft of nearly $500,000, the director said.
Governor's office not talking but others say director was forced out.
Scientists say the storm was a rare and extraordinarily powerful type of twister.
- New Trial ordered for captain in deadly Costa Concordia shipwreck in Italy
- New Shots fired into home kill woman in St. Louis County
- Updated Motorcyclist slain in College Hill neighborhood, site of hot-spot policing
- Updated McGraw live: Sam Donaldson, Cat Neville and more
- McClellan: Out of the darkness for St. Louis man who fought his demons
- Five killed in van crash near Vandalia, Ill., were from Baltimore
In the wake of the devastating Oklahoma tornado, we look back at the tragic 2011 tornado in Joplin, Missouri.
- St. Louis man gets life plus 30 years for terrorizing two women during kidnappings
- Driver who died in St. Louis crash is identified
- New Manchester law aims to end quick sale of stolen goods
- Highway N reopens in Cottleville after flooding shutdown
- Lindenwood University-Belleville gets first president
- Vote-by-videoconference bill passed too late for Paul Wynn
- Former prison guard at Greenville gets 6 months for tax fraud
- Suzsanne Singer dies; her volunteers visited nursing home residents
- St. Louis police arrest a dozen Peabody protesters
- Wash U. graduation chief hangs up mortarboard
- Warrenton man charged after child porn discovered on cellphone
Groups of youth have smashed shop windows, set cars ablaze and burnt down a cultural center as the riots that started in one Stockholm suburb after a fatal police shoo…
- Trial ordered for captain in deadly Costa Concordia shipwreck in Italy
- Parents face tough choice when tornadoes bear down
- FBI agent fatally shoots man in Orlando
- Highway patrol: 29 hurt in Ohio bus, car crash
- Japan approves joining int'l child abduction pact
- IMF calls on Britain to do more for growth
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives
- Conn. rail service returns to normal
- North Korean leader sends special envoy to China
- Japan watchdog: Nuclear plant sits on active fault
- Republican divisions may hinder party's momentum
- US parents quit Singapore inquest into son's death
The bill is expected to be voted on by the full House this week, perhaps as soon as Wednesday. Gov. Pat Quinn has indicated he would sign it into law.
- U.S. auto factories cutting back on summer downtime
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, chilly spring hurts sales
- World stocks mixed ahead of Fed chief testimony
- Peabody to allow Patriot to probe its financial advisers
- Stan Musial slept here, and so can you — for $1.8 million
- Schnucks credit-card breach could cost $80 million just in Illinois
- IRS official to take 5th at House hearing
- Senate panel aadvances immigration bill
- McKee to push on despite Jeff City defeat
Alas, the World Pork Steak Championship is no more.
- Bridge column for May 22
- Joe Hanrahan performs in workshop
- 3 characters in 'Talking Heads' speak up but not to each other
- Brad Pitt interview hits Esquire next week
- Special Request: Pasta Sydney from Madison's Cafe
- Bridge column for May 21
- Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek dies at 74
- Opera Theatre of St. Louis announces 2014 season
- Bach Society closes season with rich Rachmaninoff
Popular local chef turns to crowd-sourcing to publish a food-lover's guide to finding unusual ingredients in St. Louis.
- Flip Flop Shops opens at West County Center in Des Peres on Thursday
- Best Bites: G&W Urban Chestnut beer brats
- Wine finds: Affordable Sancerre wines turn out to be delicious
- What's fresh at the farmers market: May 22-29
- Former Boy Scout became explorer in the world of coffee
- Submit your parenting questions now for Wed.'s chat with Dr. Berchelmann
- Family violence and concern of a rift
- Testosterone serves a legitimate need
- Nixon's changes at Medicaid agency puzzle health care advocates
Belleville native is hoping to embellish his connection with St. Louis by winning the Senior PGA.
- Freese hopes to play tonight
- 'Erratic' Sanchez goes to Cubs on waivers
- Wainwright, Descalso enjoy big nights
- Wainwright, Descalso enjoy firsts in 10-2 win
- Bernie Bytes: 'Baby Pedro' is missing
- Tyler Lyons ready for first Cardinals start
- Miller laments lengthy innings
- Bird Bytes: The problem with Fernando Salas
- Gordon: Haith still has faith in transfers
- Cards fall after Miller leaves with lead
- Burwell: Why are Cards waiting on Wacha?
MOST POPULAR STORIES
- KMOV's Conners off the air until further notice after IRS flap
- Bytes: Explaining the Tyler Lyons promotion
- McClellan: Larry Conners 'issue' proves Facebook is not your friend
- Woman bought $1 million Powerball ticket in St. Louis County
- Tipsheet: Bradford starts over with young cast
- St. Louisans join millions dreaming of Powerball jackpot
- Bernie: Cards' success starts at the top
- Macy's to close downtown St. Louis store
- Bernie: Three's a crowd in NL Central
- Rising Wacha has a career night in Washington
Staging your home for sale?
Complimentary Chips and Salsa.
The time to invest in a solar energy system has never been bet…
LOX Extensions ™ are designed for the everyday client and hair…
Includes 1 set of ceramic brake pads & labor Includes mo…