Yield: Five cups
4 cups pomegranate juice
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 package (1¾ ounces) powdered pectin
½ teaspoon margarine
6½ cups white granulated sugar
1. Combine pomegranate juice, lemon juice, pectin and margarine in a large kettle. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Add sugar and return to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and skim foam if necessary.
4. Ladle into sterilized glass jars, leaving about ¼ inch of headspace.
5. Process jars for 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
Note: Winner of blue ribbon in other jelly category at 2011 Missouri State Fair.
Per (2-tablespoon) serving: 140 calories; no fat; no saturated fat; no cholesterol; no protein; 36g carbohydrate; 36g sugar; no fiber; 5mg sodium; 5mg calcium.
Recipe by Joe McAvoy