In an obvious ploy to raise awareness of their brand, Vicks Humidifiers has conducted a survey asking women what they want and don't want when they have a cold or the flu. OK, we'll bite.
Here are their findings:
- 43 percent avoid hugging and kissing their spouse, while 10 percent report that they sleep on the couch when a spouse is sick.
- "Love Actually" is the top sick day movie pick, followed by classics "Dirty Dancing" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."
- When it comes to treating a cold naturally, they most often turn to (in order) tea, orange juice, chicken soup, extra water and humidifiers.
- While 9 percent report falling behind at work as the most frustrating part of being sick, only 6 percent are bothered by lack of spousal affection.
- Over a third of mothers most often heard the myth to not go outside with wet hair. Though the myth is false, 38 percent believed it true.