Details for Accounting Supervisor
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Supervisor. As the Accounting Supervisor, you will Supervise and support the accounting department staff and have be responsible for the reconciliation of AR and AP ledgers and Intercompany AP with relevant JE preparation. You will also provide Month End Support, Oversee Protection Plan Setup, Perform monthly invoicing, and Commission Computation.
What you will do in this position:
- Supervise activities of Accounting Staff.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions are followed.
- Follow HME employee policies and treat employees fairly and consistently.
- Complete the annual and 90-day performance review process.
- Review accuracy of assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reconcile AP and AR GL ledgers. Review month-end AP accruals.
- Analysis and Month End AR and AP JE Preparation.
- Intercompany AP Reconciliation.
- Month End COS Labor computation.
- Oversee Setup and Maintaining of billing detail for Protection Plans.
- Monthly invoicing of Protection Plans.
- Prepare monthly commission computations.
- Assist with year End Audit related activities.
- Special projects as directed.
What you need to succeed in this position:
- 3+ years of experience supervising a staff of 3 or more required
- 10+ years of Accounting experience required
- Strong MS Excel & knowledge of Accounting Software functionality required.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred.
- Ability to lead, support and initiate disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Speaks and writes in a clear, concise, credible and respectful manner.
- Ability to analyze work flow and prioritize work accordingly.
- Flexibility and resolve to take on challenges effectively and not allow obstacles to derail achieving results.