Profit for Town and Country-based information technology consultant Perficient increased 82 percent when compared to the same time period last year, from $2.7 million in its fiscal first quarter of 2017 to $4.9 million in the most recent quarter.
Revenue grew 9 percent to $120.9 million during that time as the company reported one of the strongest quarterly performances in its history, said Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Davis.
It's the second consecutive quarter Perficient has reported strong earnings.
In the prior quarter, Perficient grew profits by 74 percent year-over-year, though profit for all of 2017 declined.
“Our momentum entering the second quarter is solid and our confidence for the remainder of the year, coupled with results to date, enables us to raise both our revenue and adjusted earnings guidance ranges.”
Perficient executives also raised their full-year sales guidance, from approximately $485 million to between $485 million to $510 million.
During the quarter, Perficient acquired a Washington, D.C., consultancy called Southport Services Group. Southport will add $17 million to Perficient's top line, which in 2017 totaled $485 million.
Perficient is based at 555 Maryville University Drive, an office building that was recently sold along with the headquarters of neighboring Energizer.
Perficient's CEO is one of the top-paid in St. Louis
* Jeffrey S. Hollister, American Railcar Industries
30. Timothy D. Boyd, Peak Resorts
29. Earl R. Refsland, Allied Healthcare Products
28. Robert L. Montgomery, Reliv International
27. Jon P Vrabely, Huttig Building Products
26. James B. Lally, Enterprise Financial
25. Robert D. Moore, Foresight Energy
24. Mike Anderson, Avadel Pharmaceuticals
23. Sharon John, Build-A-Bear Workshop
22. Eric H. Brunngraber, Cass Information Systems
21. Charles R. Gordon, Aegion
20. V.L. Richey Jr., Esco Technologies
19. Suzanne Sitherwood, Spire
18. Jeffrey S. Davis, Perficient
17. David P. Hatfield, Edgewell Personal Care
16. David Kemper, Commerce Bancshares
15. Alan R. Hoskins, Energizer
14. John Stroup, Belden
13. Anna Manning, Reinsurance Group
12. Diane M. Sullivan, Caleres Inc.
11. John E. Fischer, Olin
10. Warner L. Baxter, Ameren
9. Robert V. Vitale, Post Holdings
8. John W. Eaves, Arch Coal
7. David Farr, Emerson
6. Ronald J. Kruszewski, Stifel
Mark C. Trudeau, Mallinckrodt
4. Timothy Wentworth, Express Scripts
3. Hugh Grant, Monsanto
2. Glenn L. Kellow, Peabody Energy
1. Centene, Michael Neidorff
Daily updates on the latest news in the St. Louis business community.