The quiz is loading
1. The Long Island Iced Tea recipe lists five liquors, including gin and triple sec. Which one of these is NOT in the recipe?
Wrong.Right. Bourbon. You can call it a "recipe" or you can call it "cleaning out your liquor cabinet."
2. One of the six cocktails featured in the classic 1948 David Embury book "The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks," this beverage is composed of cognac, triple sec and lemon juice. What is it?
Wrong.Right. Sidecar. The other five drinks are: Martini, Manhattan, Old Fashioned, Daiquiri and Jack Rose. My version of the food pyramid.
3. 1 oz. vodka, 1/2 oz. triple sec, 1/2 oz. Rose's lime juice and 1/2 oz. cranberry juice is the recipe for what drink, vaulted back into popularity by Carrie Bradshaw?
Wrong.Right. Cosmopolitan. Carrie from "Sex and the City": So what are we going to do? Sit around bars, sipping Cosmos and sleeping with strangers when we're eighty?
4. Dude, which one of these drinks does NOT contain sugar?
Wrong.Right. White Russian, featured in "The Big Lebowski." I don't roll on shabbos and I don't take sugar in my White Russian.
5. Three of these playfully named cocktails contain peach schnapps. One does not. Can you identify the one that does not? Choose wisely.
Wrong.Right. Grasshopper. When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave. But I have your car keys.
6. What drink is made up of Baileys Irish Cream and Kahlua coffee liqueur? Hint: the drink's name is part of a James Taylor album title.
Wrong.Right. Mudslide. "Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon" contains the song "You've Got a Friend." Hard to imagine a James Taylor album with carbomb in the title...
7. First created 130 years ago in New York, what drink contains sweet vermouth, bourbon whiskey, bitters, a maraschino cherry and an orange twist?
Wrong.Right. Manhattan. All of these choices came from a more genteel era of cocktails, long before anyone thought of naming a drink Fuzzy Buttery Nipple or Hot Screaming Orgasm.
8. Grenadine, the sweet, non-alcoholic syrup, comes from the French word for pomegranate and gives drinks a distinctive red color. Which one of these does NOT use grenadine in its recipe?
Wrong.Right. Mimosa: champagne and orange juice. Whether or not you like champagne, you have to admire a cocktail designed to be consumed with breakfast. Or for breakfast.
9. I know it's dangerous to mix beer and liquor but in the interest of fair play: What two malted beverages make up a true Black & Tan?
Wrong.Right. Bass pale ale and Guinness stout. Is the glass half empty or half full? If it was in front of me, it would be all empty.
10. Arrr! You don't have to be a pirate to like these drinks, three of which are made mostly of rum. Which of these is the non-rum drink?
Wrong.Right. Kamikaze. It's hard to picture Blackbeard slamming his fist on the bar and ordering a Mojito. Captain Jack Sparrow, maybe.