Apple Bacon Quiche > Tea Room in the Valley
Yield: 16 servings (2 quiches, 8 slices each)
1 pound bacon
1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup baking mix (such as Bisquick)
3 cups heavy (whipping) cream
7 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat two deep-dish glass pie plates or 1-quart baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon and set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, toss apple with sugar; divide evenly between the two baking dishes.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together baking mix, cream and eggs until blended; pour over apples, dividing evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over each; top with bacon, dividing evenly.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (If quiche needs more time to bake, cover loosely with foil so that bacon and cheese do not burn.)