Chicken Spiedini Rizzo's Pasta
Yield: 4 servings
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons minced fresh
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground black
pepper or to taste
1/4 cup dried parsley flakes,
2 pounds chicken, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
About 1 cup Italian-seasoned
fine, dry bread crumbs,
4 teaspoons butter, melted
8 lemon wedges
1. In a large bowl, stir together lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley flakes; add chicken; stir to combine. Cover and allow to marinate 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, if not using the broiler, prepare a fire in the grill.
3. Toss together Parmesan and 3/4 cup bread crumbs. Add chicken; mix well. Thread cubes onto skewers, leaving a little space between cubes. Roll skewers in additional bread crumbs, just to coat lightly.
4. Grill or broil, turning once or twice, until chicken is firm and crumbs are toasted, about 25 minutes.
5. Arrange on serving plates, drizzle with melted butter and garnish with lemon wedges.
Per serving (made with white meat): 439 calories; 15g fat (31 percent calories from fat); 6.5g saturated fat; 149mg cholesterol; 55g protein; 21g carbohydrate; 2g sugar; 1g fiber; 1,159mg sodium; 262mg calcium; 431mg potassium.