Yield: 1 dozen
Nonstick cooking spray
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/3 cups macadamia or almond milk
¾ cup melted refined coconut oil
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup thick strawberry jam
7 large strawberries, hulled and cut into ½-inch pieces (1 cup)
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk the macadamia milk, coconut oil, both sugars, the vinegar and vanilla in a medium bowl until the sugars dissolve. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently with the whisk until no dry bits remain and the batter is almost smooth.
3. Add the strawberry jam to the batter and fold gently until evenly swirled. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups and press the strawberries evenly into the tops.
4. Bake, rotating the pan once, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
5. Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then unmold and cool completely on the rack.
Per serving: 319 calories; 14g fat; 11g saturated fat; no cholesterol; 3g protein; 44g carbohydrate; 19g sugar; 1g fiber; 379mg sodium; 90mg calcium