Last year, brothers William and Patrick Courtney took first and third place, respectively, in our annual photo contest. William’s winning shot was of illuminated tents under the Milky Way sky at Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado. Patrick Courtney’s photo of a rainbow in Sabino Canyon in Tucson, Ariz., also wowed our judges.
This year, the winner of the Post-Dispatch’s annual travel photo contest could be your photo. We are accepting entries through Nov. 25.
A panel of Post-Dispatch journalists will choose first-, second- and third-place winners, plus honorable mentions. The winners will be announced and published Dec. 30 in the STL Life section.
And this year we have some great prizes for the winners. First-, second- and third-place winners will receive a vacation for two from Apple Vacations.
• Four-night trip for two adults to Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, valid through Dec. 10, 2019.
• Four-night trip for two adults to Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico, valid through Dec. 10, 2019.
• Four-night trip for two adults to Reflect Krystal Grand Cancun in Cancun, Mexico, valid through Dec. 10, 2019.
• Deadline for submitting photos is Nov. 25.
• Only one photo may be entered per person.
• Images may be in color or black and white. The photo must have been taken between Nov. 1, 2017, and Nov. 1, 2018.
• It must come from a trip during which the photographer spent a night away from home outside the St. Louis
Post-Dispatch distribution area. This means the photographer must live in our distribution area.
• Cropping is permitted. Minor burning, dodging and/or color corrections are acceptable.
• Photos believed to have been altered or have colors enhanced digitally will be disqualified. Images that combine more than one photograph, have elements digitally added or removed, or feature purposely unnatural colors also are unacceptable.
• Employees of Lee Enterprises and their relatives may not enter.
• Only amateur photographers may enter. Anyone who has sold more than one photograph for publication since January 2017 is considered a professional.
How to enter
• We will NOT ac
cept photos that are mailed or emailed.
• Uploaded images should be 200 dpi and 8 inches across, horizontal or vertical. Eight inches is equivalent to 1,600 pixels, if you prefer to size it that way. Save the photo as a jpg.
• If you have any questions, email Jon Naso, photo editor,
Let us help you through the hectic holiday season! Includes our annual shopping guide, seasonal recipes, decorating tips and festive details on local events.