• Plant cool-season spring bedding annuals such as pansies and toadflax outdoors now.
• Apply sulfur to the soil around acid-loving plants such as azaleas, rhododendrons, hollies and dogwoods.
• Sow beet, carrot, parsley and parsnip seeds outdoors in the vegetable garden now.
• Set out broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and Chinese cabbage transplants outdoors now.
• Start seeds of tomatoes, eggplants and peppers indoors now to provide transplants later in spring after warm weather arrives.
• Use season-extending devices such as cold frames, hot caps and floating row covers to provide extra shelter for young vegetable plants.
• Propagate houseplants from stem tip cuttings any time now.
Sprout new ideas
With our home & garden newsletter!