Updated at 7:14 p.m. Tuesday with a map of fundraising events.
Businesses and community groups are planning benefit events in honor of slain officer Blake Snyder. We'll update and add to this post as more events are planned:
• Monetary donations should be sent to either Backstoppers or the St. Louis County Police Welfare Association. To direct the funds to the Snyder's family, make a note on the payment or check: "P.O. Blake Snyder" or "in honor of P.O. Blake Snyder." The Backstoppers is a local group that provides financial help to spouses and children of first-responders who have died in the line of duty.
• St. Louis County Police Welfare Association plans to donate all of the profits from its annual Police Mouse Races fundraiser to the Snyder family. The event will be held at 6 p.m. Oct. 14 at Andre's West in Fenton. Tickets are $30 and includes an open bar, food and silent auction items.
• In honor of Officer Snyder, Don Brown Chevrolet is matching donations to Backstoppers up to $10,000. Volunteers from local police and fire departments as well as Don Brown Chevrolet employees will be "Boots on the Ground," circulating the Hill neighborhood on Oct. 14 collecting donations for Backstoppers. Donors can call and give by credit card over the phone, give cash at the dealership, give by check made out to The Backstoppers Inc., or give online by clicking the link from the donbrownchevrolet.com website directly to backstoppers.org.
• At 3 p.m. Saturday, Lewis and Clark Community College in Godfrey invites anyone who attends the final home soccer game of the season to honor Snyder's memory. All gate admission and all donations made on Blake's behalf will be donated to BackStoppers.
• At least a dozen restaurants and businesses are holding fundraising events in the next few weeks. You can find them on this map.