Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Boy shocked, burned on hands by live wires on St. Louis city park light pole

Boy shocked, burned on hands by live wires on St. Louis city park light pole

{{featured_button_text}}

ST. LOUIS • A boy suffered burns to his hands after he was shocked while touching some live wires on a light at a St. Louis city park.

The incident happened at about 9 p.m. Friday at Windsor Park at 19th and Angelica Streets in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood, said St. Louis Fire Department Captain Garon Mosby.

The boy, who was under 5 years old, was playing and happened upon a light pole that had an open or missing cover plate, Mosby said.

“The wires were exposed enough that this child touched the wires and was shocked,” he said.

The boy suffered minor burns to his hands and was taken to a hospital. An adult at the scene complained of feeling an electric sensation when touching the boy afterwards, but declined to be taken to the hospital.

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Trending

Blues News

Breaking News

Cardinals News

Daily 6

National Breaking News

Sports