A total of nine people have been charged with felonies in connection with looting that took place Monday following protest over the shooting of Michael Brown, St. Louis County authorities reported.
The following suspects were charged with felony burglary for breaking into Princess Beauty Supply, 6911 West Florissant Road, for the purpose of stealing:
• Beonca McGrath, 19, 4400 block of Jennings Station Road, Pine Lawn. She also was charged with misdemeanor stealing for being in possession of a hair weave.
• Michael L. Davis, 27, 8300 block of Wabash Avenue, Berkeley.
• Robert Lee Stephenson, 28, 9500 block of Guthrie Avenue, Woodson Terrace.
• Trey T. Brewer, 18, Dallas, Texas
The following were charged with felony burglary for breaking into the Foot Locker at 8023 West Florissant Road, for the purpose of stealing:
• Nikko Fiertag, 23, 9300 block of Clarion Drive, Ferguson. He also was charged with misdemeanor stealing for holding a pair of sneakers in his hand when he was arrested.
• Andrew Henry, 30, 4100 block of Appleberry Lane, Berkeley.
• Steven C. Martin, 27, 8800 block of Maya Lane, Ferguson.
• Stephon D. Thompson, 19, 5700 block of Goodfellow Avenue, St. Louis.
One man was charged with felony burglary for breaking into the Nu Fashion Beauty Supply, 7525 West Florissant Road:
• DeMarco Harris, 38, of the 1200 block of Gimblin, St. Louis. He also was charged with misdemeanor stealing for possessing a hair weave when arrested.
The felony charges are all Class C, which carry a maximum sentence of seven years upon conviction.
Shake off your afternoon slump with the oft-shared and offbeat news of the day, hand-brewed by our online news editor, Mandy St. Amand.