Photos: Man burned trying to put out a fire in his Cahokia home

Photos: Man burned trying to put out a fire in his Cahokia home

  • 0

A man was burned trying to put out a fire inside his Cahokia home on Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020. 

The owner was injured trying to stop the flames before firefighters arrived about 7:30 a.m., Camp Jackson Fire Battalion Chief Remus Saunders said. The man was taken to a hospital. His daughter was also in the home but escaped unharmed. 

While on scene, Camp Jackson Fire Chief Christopher Davis suffered a serious medical emergency and was taken to a hospital, said Assistant Chief Sharon Davis.

The house at Cynthia Street and Camp Jackson Road is owned by Brandon Clark, a competitive eater with 38,000 followers on YouTube.

Photos by Robert Cohen, rcohen@post-dispatch.com 

Related to this collection

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Blues News

Breaking News

Cardinals News

Daily 6

National Breaking News

Sports