Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Letter: Hawley behaved like an immature school boy during trial

Letter: Hawley behaved like an immature school boy during trial

  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}
Sens. Blunt and Hawley

U.S. Sens. Roy Blunt (left) and Josh Hawley. 

Regarding “Missouri Sens. Blunt and Hawley vote to acquit Trump; final vote 57-43, clearing the former president” (Feb. 13): Sen. Josh Hawley has been an embarrassment to Missouri, and his shameful behavior is also an affront to the American people in general. I was an educator for a number of years, and I would not have tolerated Hawley’s disrespectful antics.

Hawley’s doodling, lack of interest and complete indifference to this serious proceeding was a display of ignorance on his part. He even had the audacity to put his feet up on the chair in the Capitol building — which is our house, not his. This would not be allowed by a student in a school auditorium. This spoke loudly of his immaturity and being ill fit for a position as a school class officer, much less a senator.

His behavior also demonstrates his lack of understanding of the changing demographics in the country. Though he may appeal to the far right (only 30% of the population), he would not appeal to the other 70%, which is comprised of college graduates, young voters and people of color.

Is Hawley’s behavior something we would want our children to emulate?

Charlotte Shocki • Middlebury, Conn.

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Blues News

Breaking News

Cardinals News

Daily 6

National Breaking News

Sports