A financial dispute between Fox Sports Midwest and AT&T U-verse and others is threatening to keep up to 20 Cardinals games off those TV programming outlets. FSM said Friday that unless a settlement is reached, the affected blackout schedule would begin Sunday - when the Cards play San Francisco.
In addition, games against Arizona on Monday and Tuesday nights are to be withheld.
Also impacted would be customers of Grafton Technologies in Jersey County plus other programming providers outside the immediate St. Louis market. Cable One, which serves the medium-size Missouri towns of Joplin and Kirksville, is on the blackout list.
FSM is in the first year of its deal with the Cardinals to be the sole provider of the team's locally produced telecasts, adding the 20 games that had been the property of over-the-air station KSDK (Channel 5) and is charging carriers extra for those games. U-verse has balked at that, as have 22 smaller systems scattered throughout Missouri, Illinois, Iowa and Oklahoma. But overall, less than 10 percent of viewers who get the Cards on FSM are affected.
The dispute is similar to the one the Blues had with Dish Network and several other providers for more than a year when the hockey team also left over-the-air TV in favor of an exclusive deal with FSM.
Affected customers missed more than 35 telecasts before that dispute finally was resolved last October.
CARRIERS IN LINE TO BLACK OUT 20 CARDINALS TELECASTS
- AT&T U-Verse (Mo., Ill.)
- Cable One (Mo.)
- Chariton Valley Communications (Mo., Okla.)
- Unionville cable (Mo.)
- Complete Communications (Iowa)
- Corn Belt (Iowa)
- Grafton Technologies ( Ill.)
- Grand River Mutual (Iowa)
- Huxley Communications (Iowa)
- Lake Communications (Mo.)
- Le-Ru Telephone (Mo.)
- Manning Municipal (Iowa)
- Marne & Elk Horn Telephone (Iowa)
- Martelle Cooperative (Iowa)
- Midlands Net Iowa
- Mid-Missouri Broadband (Mo.)
- Northwest Iowa Telephone (Iowa)
- Ogden (Iowa)
- Partners (Iowa)
- Starwest Cable (Iowa)
- Tele Services (Iowa)
- Tel-Star Cablevision (Ill.)
- U.S. Sonet (Ill.)
- Wabash Independent Networks (Ill.)
- Sunday at San Francisco 3:05 p.m.
- Monday at Arizona 8:40 p.m.
- Tuesday at Arizona 8:40 p.m.
- April 17 at Los Angeles 3:10 p.m.
- April 19 Washington 7:15 p.m.
- May 1 at Atlanta 12:35 p.m.
- May 2 Florida 7:15 p.m.
- May 13 at Cincinnati 6:10 p.m.
- May 15 at Cincinnati 12:10 p.m.
- May 22 at Kansas City 1:10 p.m.
- June 12 at Milwaukee 1:10 p.m.
- June 14 at Washington 6:05 p.m.
- June 22 Philadelphia 7:15 p.m.
- June 23 Philadelphia 7:15 p.m.
- June 26 Toronto 1:15 p.m.
- July 10 Arizona 1:15 p.m.
- July 17 at Cincinnati 12:10 p.m.
- Aug. 7 at Florida 12:10 p.m.
- Aug. 14 Colorado 1:15 p.m.
- Sept. 4 Cincinnati 1:15 p.m.