How Post-Dispatch college football writer Dave Matter ranks the Southeastern Conference teams this week:
Alabama (6-0) Tide’s postponed game against LSU remains in doubt.
2. Texas A&M (5-1) Contact tracing will keep the Aggies on the sideline for a second straight week.
3. Florida (5-1) Gators overwhelmed Arkansas on Saturday with Kyle Trask’s Heisman campaign gaining steam.
4. Georgia (4-2) Bulldogs have a quarterback situation to resolve if they’re going to salvage 2020.
5. Auburn (4-2) Tigers report no new COVID cases after last week’s outbreak.
6. Mississippi (3-4) Beware of flying objects along Rebels’ sideline. It’s probably Lane Kiffin’s call sheet.
7. Missouri (2-3) If Tigers have enough players, they’ll kick off Saturday for the first time in three weeks.
8. Arkansas (3-4) Florida set fire to Barry Odom’s defense with 593 yards of offense.
9. Kentucky (3-4) Wildcats’ 38-35 win over Vanderbilt a little too close for comfort.
10. Tennessee (2-4) Vols need an upset at Auburn to snap four-game losing skid.
11. Louisiana State (2-3) Tigers expect to play after COVID outbreak postponed Alabama game.
12. South Carolina (2-5) Another defensive nightmare sent Will Muschamp packing, the first Power 5 head-coaching change this season.
13. Mississippi State (2-4) Bulldogs head to Georgia — if they get a handle on their COVID outbreak.
14. Vanderbilt (0-6) Commodores showed some fight at Kentucky.
Dave Matter brings you the latest updates from the Mizzou sports scene.