Subscribe for 99¢
SLU logo

St. Louis University said in a statement this morning that both parties in the school's Title IX investigation have been informed of the findings and decisions made by the hearing officer regarding allegations of sexual assault from September.

The process is ongoing because both sides have the option to appeal. They have three business days to respond.

Three basketball players have been held out of the team's games this season while the investigation has unfolded. They have been allowed to practice and have been traveling to road games. SLU leaves for a game at Massachusetts this afternoon.

SLU's statement reads: "Saint Louis University has followed its Title IX process throughout this investigation. At this time, the Hearing Officer’s findings and decisions have been communicated individually to each of the parties. However, the Title IX process is not complete. Each of the parties has the right to appeal the decision(s) of the Hearing Officer. The University will have no additional comment at this time."

Each side — the players, and the alleged victims — has three business days to file an appeal. The other side then gets three business days to respond to the appeal.

According to SLU's student handbook, "appeals will be resolved within 10 university business days following receipt of the request for appeal."

Grounds for an appeal include a deviation from outlined procedures that could impact the outcome or the discovery of "new or relevant" information that was not available during the investigation.

Dissatisfaction with the hearing officer's decision is not considered the basis for an appeal.

St. Louis police said Friday that there are no new updates in an ongoing criminal investigation related to the incident.

SLU's statement comes on the heels of social media posts made Wednesday afternoon by three basketball players related to the investigation. The posts were followed by some subtle protests from fans attending the Billikens' game at Chaifetz Arena hours later.

One fan held a sign that said "FREE THE 3," repeating a slogan that was written on Twitter by players Adonys Henriquez, Ty Graves and Jermaine Bishop. Others in the crowd were heard shouting the phrase, according to fans.

After the players made the posts and retweets early in the afternoon, they were removed shortly thereafter without explanation. They were the first comments by the players directly addressing the Title IX investigation.