Once again, the St. Louis Rams must search for help at cornerback. Tim Atchison suffered a grade 2 strain to his hamstring in the 28-16 loss to the Giants, meaning he probably will miss at least a week.
Atchison was signed last week, in essence to replace Ron Bartell, who suffered broken bones in his neck.
So, again, the Rams are down to three healthy bodies at corner. They probably will bring in more candidates for tryouts or could move Josh Gordy, a free-agent from Central Michigan, off the practice squad and onto the active roster.
Other injury updates:
* Running back Steven Jackson (thigh) remains day to day and will continue with the same course of treatment.
* Defensive end C.J. Ah You (wrist) will not practice this week.
* Wide receiver Danny Amendola (elbow) is unlikely to practice, though coach Steve Spagnuolo said that the swelling had subsided considerably.
* Linebacker Ben Leber (groin) and running back Cadillac Williams (hamstring) are listed as day to day.
* X-rays on the ribs of wide receiver Greg Salas were negative; a CT scan was pending.