• The lake runs 92 miles end to end.
• At roughly 1,150 miles, the total shoreline of the Lake of the Ozarks is longer than the coastline of California.
• The lake was the largest man-made lake in the United States, when it was completed in 1931 by the Union Electric Co. of St. Louis.
• The total cost to build Bagnell Dam was approximately $30 million (nearly $360 million in today's money).
• At 17,741 acres, Lake of the Ozarks State Park is the largest park in Missouri.
• Lake of the Ozarks covers 61,000 acres and contains 617 billion gallons of fresh water, what the city of St. Louis typically uses over a decade.
• Roughly 3.5 million tourists visit Lake of the Ozarks from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Sources: 4seasonresort.com, Tri-County Lodging Association